I said it earlier today and I’ll say it again. I don’t care if the Sounders won 12-0 or lost 0-12. This game was basically meaningless. I watched maybe 10 minutes of the game with my free time at work and I have no real intention of going back and seeing what I missed.
I get the excitement of not only getting an opportunity to finally seem the boys out on the pitch playing another team. But that team also being the Timbers.
The starting line-up was a good mix of old classics, interesting young guys and “who-the-hell-is-that”.
Sounders sent out a compilation of: Hahnemann, Scott, Hurtado, Traore, Gonzalezs, Rosales, Carrasco, Moloto, Zakuani, Estrada, Ochoa, Rimick, Ford, Yedlin, Thomas, Lelis, Rex, Essame, Burch, Bowen, Sodade.
While the game didn’t necessarily count for anything and it’s not worth going over the specific details there are always things that happen that are worth noting.
- First of all Steve Zakuani has his speed back.
- As expected Djimi Traore did more than enough to warrant further interests
- Not as expected, Moloto will assuredly get more than one more look.
- Having Marcus Hahnemann as the back-up keeper rocks.
- Leo Lelis is in fact in on trial with Seattle. He showed some great physical tools.
- There wasn’t much in the way of an attacking presence for the Sounders, but most viewers mention the obvious Zakuani there was a couple of mentions for Estrada, Jennings Rex had a moment as well.
- DeAndre Yedlin had both some good and bad moments. An issue or two clearing balls off the line.
Overall there was a few moments that were good. But overall the memories after the Timber. But as I keep saying that counts for absolutely nothing at the end of the day. It was fun to have a game to watch and it’ll be interesting to see where guys like Moloto and Traore end up at the end of things , but it’s not worth losing sleep over.
Anyone else watch the game that they came away impressed with something not mentioned?